Monday, October 7, 2013

I wish I had something to drink. I’m asking for volunteers.

In this post: Fatigue, a call for volunteers, spruce up your choppers.

I just finished up my late-night Face Time with Sam (he’s still in Los Angeles visiting his mom) and thought I’d attempt to squeeze in one more quick Howdygram post before I go to bed. I’m tired but I don’t know why because I haven’t done anything else today except sleep, eat braunschweiger and type things. It’s hell getting old. Trust me on this.

I wish I had something to drink. There’s about an inch of Coke Zero left in my glass but that’s not enough by a long shot because I’m extremely thirsty tonight. Unfortunately, I’m also feeling a little achy and unmotivated and don’t especially feel like dragging myself all the way into the kitchen for a few slugs of cold soda. As a senior citizen with mobility issues there are times when our house seems absolutely enormous, and this is one of them. So I’m asking for volunteers! Please send an email if you can come over right now to refill my glass of Coke Zero. I could also use some popcorn while you’re at it. Thank you.

Hey there, smile junkies ... I’d like to offer an unsolicited product review for a whitening toothpaste that’s working out really well for Sam. It’s Dr. Collins’ All White Whitening Toothpaste, pictured at left, and you can buy it here on Amazon for about $7. I got a free sample with my last order of denture cleaner and it’s actually doing a pretty great job of whitening Sam’s teeth. I noticed a significant difference this afternoon when we were talking on Face Time and decided to order a regular-sized tube for him on my Amazon Subscribe & Save plan. I’d use it, too, except I don’t actually have teeth any more ... a situation that’s frequently liberating and entertaining.

So. What’s new at your house tonight? Ciao.

No comments: