Sunday, November 3, 2013

Crappy side effects, epic naps, gefilte fish and retro sex.

In this post: A message to Texans, diabetes sucks, historical erotica.

3 A.M. I’m parked at my desk with a headache and a nice tall Marcytini. Sam and I went to bed at midnight but I woke up two hours later with a miserable wet rash all over my body thanks to another battle with hypothermia. This is is a very crappy side effect of diabetic autonomic neuropathy and usually ends with a rash whenever my body tries too hard to generate its own heat. So I decide to take a shower at 2 a.m., and now I have to hang around until my hair dries because I don’t want the blow dryer to disturb Sam. It’s always something. Holy crap.

2:45 P.M. Sick of watching football, Sam and I decide to take a three-hour nap. If this sounds boring as hell, you’d be right.

7:52 P.M. Starvation is setting in fast and dinner will be next on my agenda. Lox and bagels are the frontrunner right now with gefilte fish running a close second. Sam has no interest in food whatsoever and will probably just fall back on his favorite entree: Brownie Brittle and Cool Whip. We haven’t actually done anything today so there’s no real news to report, however I’m seriously looking forward to tonight’s episode of “Masters of Sex” on Showtime.
Are any of you watching this series? This is the story of sex research pioneers William Masters and Virginia Johnson, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. I think “Masters of Sex” is right up there with “Mad Men” and “The Newsroom” and it’s almost as good as “Hardcore Pawn.” If you get Showtime please start watching this program immediately. Thank you. Tell your friends.

No comments: