Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I’m buying new shoes for Sam this week.

In this post: Pre-holiday shopping, wonderful feet.

There’s not much to do around here when Wal-Mart’s website is down. According to a news report they had a technical glitch this morning that dropped the prices on some of their most expensive products (cameras, projectors, electronics, etc.) into the single digits, and frenzied online shoppers had a collective brain hemorrhage snapping up bargains and posting the deals on social media. Apparently everything was sold out in a matter of minutes. In my case, I was only trying to buy a jumbo jar of Imodium but the website was completely offline by then. When I decided to kill some time on ABCNews.com I found out what happened. I guess Black Friday came early this year. Holy crap.

You’d better sit down for this one: I’m buying new shoes for Sam this week because he hates to shop and his favorite Rockports are starting to look like they got caught in a blender. Kohl’s website is having a juicy pre-holiday sale with juicy pre-holiday coupons, so I picked out a nice pair of squishy soft black leather slip-ons by Deer Stagg. I can’t actually finish up the order until Friday, however, because the coupons don’t go into effect until November 8. In the meantime maybe I’ll find additional knick-knacks to drop into my shopping cart, such as underwear or rubber spatulas.
So. Anything new at your house today?

No comments: