Thursday, November 14, 2013

Today is World Diabetes Day.

In this post: Diabetes has a holiday, TV news, crustless pizza, an adorable toddler.

First, before I forget, I’ve got a Howdygram public service announcement to share with you. This is WORLD DIABETES DAY, an event commemorated annually on November 14 by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). The IDF’s campaign is designed to draw attention to issues of paramount importance to the diabetes world and keeps diabetes firmly in the public spotlight. In other words, stop eating crap like THIS or you’ll end up with miserable feet and a refrigerator full of insulin. (I speak from experience. Thank you.)

And now for even more good news! It just found out that two of my favorite TV personalities will have their own shows in 2014. I refer to TIM GUNN of “Project Runway,” whose fashion reality show “Under the Gunn” will launch on Lifetime on January 16, and JOHN OLIVER, the hilarious Brit and standup comic who subbed all summer for Jon Stewart on Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show.” Oliver will host a similar political/news comedy program on HBO. I’m so damn excited I almost can’t breathe. Finally ... something to live for besides Lou Malnati’s crustless deep-dish pizza!
Incidentally, while I’m on the subject, I just ordered another crate of Lou Malnati’s crustless pizzas because: 1) they’re amazing; 2) why the hell not; and 3) they have no carbs. The entire pizza is actually built on a half-inch thick slab of lean Italian sausage. (Hyperventilating.) Check out Lou Malnati’s website

Holy crap, all of a sudden I’m STARVING. But before I head into the kitchen to eat as much food as possible, here’s our latest dose of outrageous adorableness ... a toddler’s first time walking on ice.


Thank you for reading this.

No comments: