Friday, November 5, 2010

It's all relative.

Thought I’d share a few family photos with tonight’s post, courtesy of my niece Melissa. She uploads them to Snapfish.com and I just sneak the ones I like best. The first is a shot of my sister Robin, my mom, Robin’s daughter Melissa and little Tyler visiting mom at her nursing home. The second shot is Melissa and Tyler playing in the park. (Please don’t tell anybody, but this little guy is so adorable I could eat him on a bagel.)
Sam and I are planning a swell weekend. Tomorrow we’re doing practically nothing (seriously) and on Sunday we’re having brunch at Blue Mesa, our favorite spot for southwestern cuisine. And the price is right because Blue Mesa sent me a certificate for a free birthday brunch. Incidentally, reliable sources tell me that free food has no calories, so this will be a win-win situation for EVERYBODY.

What are y’all doing for Thanksgiving this year? We’ve got ours all figured out already ... a heat-and-serve feast from Boston Market and a homemade sugar-free pumpkin pie. Every year since we moved to Texas Sam and I basically just wear bathrobes and spend Thanksgiving in the family room with a bunch of great movies and eat until we can’t move. Even better, we don’t have to mop up after a bunch of guests and we don’t have to share our leftovers with anybody. If it sounds like we’re turning into a pair of curmudgeons, you probably have a point. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: