Monday, March 18, 2013

To cheer myself up I stayed home and ate Beanit Butter and Slim Jims.

Inquiring minds want to know … how did you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? The Howdygram hosted its annual ritual, which included: 1) a brand new bar of Irish Spring in the shower; and 2) watching The Quiet Man on TCM. This was the extent of our observance owing to the fact that we’re Jewish and don’t really give a crap.
As I write this post Sam is unconscious in the family room with The Prisoner of Zenda on TV. Actually, it’s the silent version from 1922 starring Lewis Stone and a bunch of people I’ve never heard of except for Ramon Novarro in the role of Rupert. Personally, I prefer the 1937 version with Ronald Colman, Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. and David Niven.
I’m seriously hoping I can get some sleep tonight. And in bed for a change. Last night I mostly slept on the chaise in the family room because I had neuropathy pain in both feet and couldn’t get comfortable under a blanket. Technically, though, I’ve got a double whammy going on with electric shocks on the sides and tops of my feet plus plantar fasciitis in both heels, so when Sam asked if I wanted to go for a nice drive yesterday afternoon I had to turn him down because I didn’t want to wear shoes!

To cheer myself up I stayed home and ate Beanit Butter and Slim Jims. Holy crap... IT WORKED! Thank you for reading this.

No comments: