Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Introducing an unidentified new species from California.

In Monday’s post I wrote about Atorvastatin (generic Lipitor), the crappy cholesterol medication I’ve been taking for the last year or so. Apparently this drug has some grisly side effects, most of which I’d been experiencing for quite some time without realizing it, such as severe muscle fatigue in my legs and lower back that have made it almost impossible to stand or walk. When I complained to Dr. M in an email on Monday she called right away and told me to cut the dose in half and start taking Co Q-10. Being smarter than the average physician, naturally I made the executive decision to stop taking Atorvastatin altogether, and you know what? I felt like a million bucks today!

No back pain. No leg pain. This was so damn wonderful I even cooked a screwy Italian feast for one (details follow) and reorganized the bottom shelf of the pantry. I don’t know if it’s really possible to feel this much better after 24 hours but I’m not looking a gift horse in the mouth. I want my life back.

Regarding the aforementioned screwy Italian feast, this consisted of half a jar of low-carb pasta sauce, rehydrated beef textured vegetable protein, two 7-ounce packages of drained and rinsed zero-calorie Miracle Noodles, a pile of parmesan cheese and low-carb garlic bread. You might consider this a meal from hell, but I was so happy I called Sam at work to describe everything on my plate. Then I watched last night’s episode of “Dallas.”

Before I sign off for the night I thought I’d post these pictures of a deranged rock singer named Redfoo. I have no idea who this person is, but judging from his wardrobe choices he clearly thinks it’s cool to share his nipples with the general public and wear a stuffed zebra strapped to his belt. I don’t get it.
I have to get some sleep now. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: