Thursday, February 21, 2013

Slim Jims and Beanit Butter ... the breakfast of champions!

I have to perfectly honest here. I started taking my new Co Q-10 supplement yesterday at lunchtime but so far I don’t feel any difference whatsoever. I’m just saying.

My latest acquisition of healthy new products for the Howdygram test kitchen includes: 1) WestSoy vanilla and chocolate soy milk sweetened with Splenda; 2) a great big box of tasty little Slim Jims in a display exactly like the kind that’s next to the register at 7 Eleven; 3) Carb Not Beanit Butter, a no-carb peanut butter knockoff made from soy that gets really swell reviews online; and 4) almond flour, which works just like ordinary white flour except it doesn’t have any carbs. It’s also expensive.
Please stop laughing about item 2. I’ve loved these dumb things since my college years and appreciate the opportunity to buy large quantities cheap from Amazon.com. Life just keeps getting better, doesn’t it?

In case you’ve forgotten, Sam is having surgery on his right eyeball Friday morning to correct a “macular pucker” behind his retina, a condition discovered a couple of weeks ago during a routine eye exam. We’ve been instructed to arrive at the surgery center by 7 a.m., for which I only have a two-word response: HOLY CRAP. That’s at least two hours earlier than I normally get out of bed and four hours earlier than I usually leave the house! The map below indicates: A) Howdygram headquarters in Mesquite; and B) the Greenville Surgery Center in Dallas. If all goes according to plan we should be home by noon but I’ve decided to pack a cheese sandwich just in case.
Here are my most recent font acquisitions for your possible interest. My favorites are Oregano, Playfair and Clicker Script.
And now, at last, it’s time to hit the sack, mostly because my Marcytini is empty and there’s not much else to say at 2:30 in the morning. Thank you for reading this!

No comments: