Thursday, July 8, 2010

Things that are really important.

I’ve been on a quest to find a new Chinese restaurant that delivers ever since I had a fight with an employee from King China Restaurant in Garland. I’d been ordering from them once a week for almost TWO YEARS and never had a problem, but when I called two weeks ago to complain that my Szechwan scallops tasted spoiled they send this weird guy who barely speaks English to my house to ARGUE WITH ME. He was still squatting on the doorstep with his face in my container of food when I slammed the door. Since then I’ve tried ordering from Skillman Wok, May China and China City in Garland, but in all three cases the food was only average. Actually, Skillman Wok was BELOW average because nobody likes runny chow mein, and China City screwed up my soup and sent the wrong kind. I’ve also ordered from Chan’s, but they only have one thing on the menu that I like (Pan Fried Noodles with Shrimp) which can get pretty damn boring. And the last time I ordered they threw in way too much baby corn. (I hate baby corn.)

To tell you the truth, I’ve always lamented that my favorite local Chinese restaurant, Chi’s Wok, was dine-in or carryout ONLY, because eating there is depressing (three tables, no ambiance and zero air-conditioning) and carry-out is a pain because they’re squeezed into a little strip mall at the busiest intersection in Mesquite and you have to fight for parking with a laundromat and a convenience store. And then, like a gift from heaven, this morning’s mail delivered some incredible news, right there on the inside cover of our weekly Mesquite “ad pages” flyer: CHI’S WOK NOW OFFERS HOME DELIVERY. Even better, delivery is FREE, they actually have their entire menu on a website, and the restaurant is under NEW MANAGEMENT. I’m so excited I could beat myself up with joy. Aside from the thrill of free delivery and an online menu, the new management part is excellent because the former owner was a crab who’d actually refuse to make Shrimp Egg Foo Young if he wasn’t in the mood.

Here are some food pictures from their new website ...
If this is making you hungry, get over here within the next 45 minutes because I’m getting ready to place an order as soon as I finish this post. Bring some extra napkins, and thank you for reading this.

No comments: