Monday, July 26, 2010

Weather, hedonism and egg salad.

Howdy from Texas! It’s a quiet Monday afternoon here with some substantial storms on the way, and I’m pleased to report they’re moving north from Corsicana at a mighty impressive clip. The sky turned dark about 15 minutes ago and there’s a lot of thunder and lightning now. Trust me, this is a very large deal because we’ve been extremely low on precipitation since spring. May and June left us with a seven-inch deficit, and we haven’t seen a drop of rain here since July 9.

Sam and I had an exquisitely wonderful weekend doing our very best imitation of two hedonistic slugs. We took several extended naps, went to lunch on Saturday at the Black-Eyed Pea in Rockwall, watched some good movies and ordered a pile of Chinese food last night for dinner. The only activity that even remotely resembled work occurred at bedtime when I decided to run the dishwasher.

Today hasn’t been much different. When my thoroughly significant other left for work about an hour ago I made egg salad, watched the end of a cute Rosalind Russell movie on TCM (“Design for Scandal” with Walter Pidgeon) and eventually drifted into the study to write this post. I guess I’m still feeling lazy and unmotivated, although I might try to drum up enough energy to empty the dishwasher and throw in a load of laundry. I’m not promising anything, though.

Send an email or post a comment when you have a minute because I’d enjoy a little contact with the outside world. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: