Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sometimes I even forget to eat.

On Tuesday Sam went to Houston on business for a few days. This time he decided to drive (it’s a four-hour trip) so he could spend a day on Galveston Island looking for tarballs. I don’t think he found any, but I warned him to steer clear of Gulf seafood and greasy birds just in case. While he’s gone I’ve been working on a variety of client projects, including a new website and redesigning a complex five-page blog. I get so intense that I totally forget to eat, take pills, throw laundry in the dryer and empty my bladder until it’s almost too late. Since it’s already past midnight I think it might be a good idea to grab yesterday’s lunch before it’s time for bed.

For your possible interest here are a couple of new family photos. The one on top is mom with my sister Robin on Mother’s Day. I think mom looks absolutely amazing at almost 90 years old. She gets her hair and nails done every week and even hinted recently that she has a BOYFRIEND at her nursing home. (Oy.) The other photo is my brother-in-law Ron and his grandson Tyler, who just turned two on June 18. I have no idea where Tyler got that little mop of curly red hair, but he’s the cutest kid I’ve ever seen. (I’d say that even if he wasn’t a relative.)
 Thank you for reading this. Seriously.

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Great pix! But just for the record, and lest Aunt Shirley upbraid you for prematurely aging her, it is my mother who is nearly 90; yours is two years younger!