Monday, December 6, 2010

Repeat performance, bring your own spoon.

After last week’s preposterous soup-dumping fiasco I decided to try again, so I’ve got an enormous vat of my favorite concoction simmering on the stove. Just like before, it’s my world-famous Beef Barley Soup (see recipe) with a couple of substitutions: cut-up boneless chicken breasts instead of round steak and white cannellini beans instead of kidney beans. Holy cow, it smells like HEAVEN in here! My soup won’t be ready until 9 so I’ve been amusing myself (unsuccessfully) with other projects, such as designing some new official Howdygram apparel, folding socks and filing my nails. These are all worthwhile activities but a lousy surrogate for homemade soup. I’m just saying.

Sam and I have back-to-back doctor appointments tomorrow morning for routine checkups ... mine at 9, his at 9:15. We see the same internist at Baylor Health Center here in Mesquite, five minutes from home. I realize this isn’t very exciting news but I thought I’d mention it anyway. Thank you for putting up with me.

No comments: