Thursday, December 2, 2010

Oy. It's been quite a day around here.

No snotty comments, please, if you think I’m a total dweeb for complaining about any of this. At the moment I’m almost numb with exhaustion after a nonstop day of homemaking activities. These included: 1) making paninis for lunch; 2) folding two loads of laundry; 3) watching Sam assemble my exciting new fabric steamer on wheels; 4) emptying the dishwasher; and 5) steaming the wrinkles out of our crushed new king-size comforter, which required two hours of labor and one gallon of water.

And if that’s not enough, a couple of hours ago I accidentally dropped four quarts of leftover vegetable barley soup. My all-time favorite ceramic bowl broke in half a dozen pieces and sent soup ricocheting in every direction ... all over my robe, my feet, the refrigerator and our beautiful stone floor. This actually looked like Godzilla and his three best friends projectile-vomited all over the kitchen. My first thought was to sell the house, then I considered begging Sam to come home from work early. Eventually I decided just to be a big girl and tackle the mess without anybody’s help. At this point I’m so tired I don’t even have the energy to bring in three FedEx deliveries sitting outside on the front doorstep. One of them is my new Oster breadmaker, which is in a box large enough to hold a full-size Oldsmobile.

I’m going to eat some peanut butter now and watch “Seinfeld” reruns. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: