Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve excitement in Howdygramland.

First of all, I don’t think anybody will consider this very exciting except ME so I’ll apologize right now for the misleading headline. The big news of the day ... I’M USING A NEW FONT FOR THE HOWDYGRAM. I got tired of the old one a long time ago but didn’t feel too inspired by the alternatives so I never bothered to make a change. Today, I guess, I finally felt inspired. Welcome to our new look.

Second, Sam is at our Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market loading up on Christmas Eve essentials, such as toilet paper, onions, a dozen eggs, Coke Zero and Cream of Wheat. He actually tried shopping at Tom Thumb first (they carry his favorite Perrier flavors) but he said it looked like the Calgary stampede and you couldn’t even find parking. So he adjusted his plans and called a couple of minutes ago from the hot cereal aisle at Wal-Mart to find out if I wanted my Cream of Wheat with brown sugar in instant packets or plain in a regular pour-your-own box. (I chose the latter.) It just isn’t Christmas without Cream of Wheat.

Tonight, weather permitting, we’re hoping to drive around looking at Christmas lights. I say “weather permitting” because there’s a monstrous storm front of very wet crap on the way, as pictured in the map from Weather.com that appears below for your possible interest. The little red location pin is Mesquite. If you zoom in you can see me waving.


Incidentally, what you see on this map is NOT winter weather. The temperature here today is 40°, so we’re getting ordinary rain and probably thunderstorms. Due to a lack of snow Santa will arrive tonight in a Chevy Volt. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: