Monday, May 10, 2010

Giving it a rest on Monday.

I just canceled my 10:30 a.m. eye doctor appointment because I don’t feel like going. I’ve got some excellent reasons for this: 1) we’re expecting thunderstorms; 2) I’d rather stay home and hang out with Sam; 3) I didn’t get enough sleep last night; and 4) I want to make homemade potato salad. Bottom line: a last-minute cancellation is almost as luxurious as CUTTING SCHOOL.

In other news, I probably don’t have to tell any of you about the final straw in Tiger Woods’ public meltdown. After failing to make the cut last week at Quail Hollow he quit during Saturday’s third round at the Players Championship complaining about a bulging disk in his neck ... probably because he needed a mighty good excuse for whacking his ball into the lake on the 9th hole when he was actually teeing off on the 8th. Every aspect of this guy’s life is a total train wreck. He can’t hit a golf ball, long-time swing coach Hank Haney resigned, his wife is filing for divorce, helicopters hover over his house in Florida day and night waiting for a scoop, sponsors are dropping him left and right, the sports media thinks he’s a pathological liar and he was even being heckled by a 7-year-old fan in the gallery at Sawgrass. It might be time for Tiger Woods to try another line of work, maybe landscaping or a degree from ITT Tech. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: