Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day.

This isn’t really news, but it’s been a whole week since my last post. I’m sure you’ll forgive me, though, because it’s not like I drank the only cold Coke in the fridge or ripped off your last five dollars. You get my drift.

It’s Sunday, May 9, and there are two important holidays on the calendar today. First, please accept the Howdygram’s very best wishes as you celebrate Lost Socks Memorial Day, possibly with a candlelight vigil in the laundry room or a nice brunch. Second, I want to wish all you moms out there a very happy Mother’s Day. For the record, mine (Shirley) is comfortably ensconced in an assisted living nursing facility in suburban Chicago; Sam’s mom (Belle) lives in North Hollywood in the same house he grew up in. Here’s a photo of Belle taken recently at the beach in Malibu.
Incidentally, the thunderstorm that woke me up 45 minutes ago has finally passed, so I’m thinking this might be a perfect opportunity to go back to bed. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: