Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Seems like a good time for an update.

Actually, there’s not that much going on here today. We’ve got hot but pleasant weather, Sam’s at work, and I’m diddling with some graphic design projects, writing email and thinking about a nap ... but only if the spasm in my right hand calms down so I can fall asleep. (Damn carpal tunnel syndrome.) Which reminds me: I RESCHEDULED MY APPOINTMENT WITH THE HAND SURGEON for 2 p.m. on June 2. I decided to give him a second chance after my first try didn’t work out very well (read the post). And on June 3 I’ll see my regular internist for a medication follow-up plus a few lab tests to make sure I’m not anemic any more. Frankly, that’s more than enough medical hoo-hah for one week. I can barely remember what life was like without a continuous stream of doctor appointments.

I think I’ll drown my frustration with a large quantity of Chinese food ... my all-time favorite cuisine ever since I was 12 months old in a high chair gumming egg rolls at the Golden Pheasant Restaurant in Chicago. Here in Texas I always order from King China in Garland. They’ve got a huge menu, the best hot & sour soup in town and deliver so fast it always startles me. (They tell me 45 minutes when I call in my order but show up in less than half an hour. I don’t know how they do it.) What’s YOUR favorite cuisine? Add a comment and let me know!

No comments: