Friday, May 14, 2010

Here's what I've been up to lately.

Once again I let a whole bunch of days slide by without posting, but this time I wasn’t being a slug. Apparently a lot of my graphic design clients decided the second week of May would be the perfect time to add new pages to their websites, order postcards and brochures and refer me to three friends who want logos and business cards. As a result I’ve had a gazillion projects to do ... plus I’m waiting for two new website clients to review and sign their contracts. None of this is easy to do with carpal tunnel syndrome because it hurts to type and work with a mouse, so I decided against writing an excessive number of blog posts for a while to prevent my right hand from turning into a SPASTIC CLAW. Fortunately, relief is on the horizon ... I’ve got an appointment with a hand surgeon on Tuesday morning. I’m so excited I could slap the mailman!

There’s a lot of weather heading our way tonight. This is in addition to all the weather we had this afternoon, such as three hours of thunderstorms and some moderately heavy rain (which we desperately needed). Right now the next storm system is just west of Forth Worth, heading due east straight for Mesquite. Weather.com says it should start booming here around 1 a.m. Sam and I love nighttime thunderstorms. If it’s not too late we open the garage door and sit on card chairs to watch the lightning; otherwise we hold hands in bed and enjoy the hoo-hah through the bay windows.

Here’s hoping y’all have a swell weekend. Smooch.

No comments: