Saturday, May 29, 2010

Keeping busy for Memorial Day weekend.

I suppose I should start by announcing that Sam is in the San Fernando Valley for the next 10 days visiting his mom and siblings, so I’m totally on my own here. It’s definitely quiet around the house when Sam’s away. I never realize how noisy he is until he’s gone.

The scope of my plans for Memorial Day weekend won’t extend too much beyond my neighborhood here in Mesquite. But next week I’m definitely up for a trip to Central Market in Dallas. Central Market is food nirvana. If you’re from southern California, it’s like a combination of Whole Foods, Bristol Farms and Gelson’s ... only more so. They’ve got the most amazing meat, deli and exotic produce on the planet, plus a bazillion kinds of cheese, a display of olives half a block long and a bakery department the size of my house with home-made marble rye TO DIE FOR. (Sam and I actually try to stay away from Central Market because we never get out of there for under $100 ... even when we don’t need anything.)
In the meantime, to keep myself occupied with extracurricular projects I’m getting an early jump on this year’s Christmas cards. I’ve already designed them (including Hanukkah), had them professionally printed, created custom return address labels to match, and this afternoon I even addressed all the envelopes! I’m so impressed with myself that I think I’ll insert a shameless plug here for my graphic design business, Ovation Creative, just in case you didn’t know that I actually do something productive besides laundry and writing the Howdygram.

So ... shalom to everybody, have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend, and send me an email or post a comment when you have a minute!

No comments: