Saturday, June 9, 2012

Gigantic freeze-dried omelets and an unexpected Saturday morning splurge.

Oy, I keep forgetting to tell you this. See if you can guess what’s the highest-rated entree produced by the Howdygram test kitchens, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with gefilte fish. Drum roll ...

It’s MARCY’S FREEZE-DRIED “EVERYTHING” OMELET! A few days ago I made a gigantic omelet for Sam and me that included six real eggs and two slices of real pepper jack cheese plus all those amazing freeze-dried ingredients I’ve been stockpiling from Shelf Reliance, including chopped bell pepper, onions, sliced mushrooms and sausage TVP (textured vegetable protein). It only takes two or three minutes to rehydrate all this heavenly crap and you’d never taste the difference in a million years. Shelf Reliance also sells freeze-dried scrambled eggs and freeze-dried cheese but I think I’ll skip the science fiction dairy products for now.

As long as I’m horsing around with the Howdygram please allow me to share this morning’s unexpected purchases on Amazon. I say “unexpected” because Sam casually muttered something a few minutes ago about do I think we need a GPS for our road trip and before he finished the sentence I’d already placed the order.
Pictured above are our new Garmin 5-inch Portable GPS Navigator plus a handy little zipper carrying case and a cool friction mount doohickey for the dashboard. Amazon’s prices, as always, were terrific. And God bless free shipping.

I also ordered another box of insulin pen needles because sometimes a girl needs to splurge a little. Believe it or not, I actually remember when splurging meant shoes or an expensive lipstick. These must be my golden years. Oy.
It was nice of you to stop by this morning. Seriously.

No comments: