Monday, September 30, 2013

I’ve already got separation anxiety and Sam hasn’t started packing yet.

In this post: The essential Hildegarde Withers.

Because Congress makes me so sick I can’t even anything tonight I’ve decided to just hang out and ignore the news as much as humanly possible. For starters, a few minutes ago I splurged on another DVD collection from Amazon, this time the entire series of six Hildegarde Withers mysteries from the early 1930s (most of them starring Edna May Oliver with James Gleason). Hildegarde Withers is an old maid schoolteacher and amateur sleuth, and these are all excellent whodunits and superior afternoon nap movies. I can’t wait to get my hands on them!
The six titles are The Penguin Pool Murder, Murder on the Blackboard, Murder on a Honeymoon, Murder on the Bridle Path, The Plot Thickens and Forty Naughty Girls. Holy crap, people!
Travel news! Sam leaves on Saturday for an eight-day trip to California to visit his sweet little mom, who’s moving into an assisted living apartment this week in Encino. I’ve already got separation anxiety and Sam hasn’t started packing yet. Stop laughing. (Thank you.)

No comments: