Monday, October 11, 2010

Miscellanea and insomnia.

Okay, I’m not 100% sure I’ve really got insomnia, since it’s only just past midnight and there’s a very strong possibility I’ll go to bed within the hour unless I decide to take a look at last night’s episode of “Mad Men,” which I recorded because Sam and I were watching “A Hard Day’s Night” instead. I fell asleep for half the movie, though, which probably explains why I’m still awake. I think the Beatles movie had something to do with John Lennon’s 70th birthday, which would have been October 9 if he was still alive. FYI, an article today on MSNBC.com revealed that Yoko Ono, Lennon’s 77-year-old widow, says she “still hasn’t gotten over John’s death” almost 30 years ago. If you ask me, she sounds like a strong candidate for grief counseling.

For those of you who may be interested, I definitely have the bladder infection I suspected on Friday and plan to call my doctor first thing this morning. I’m hoping she’ll just prescribe the same medication I took a year ago without expecting me to show up for an office visit, but I won’t hold my breath. I never have that kind of luck. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: