Thursday, October 28, 2010

So much fun, so little time.

We’re having a jam-packed week-o-fun with my mother-in-law ... which includes everything from trips to the Dallas Arboretum and Dallas Zoo, eating Klondike bars in the family room and daily walks around Belle’s Lake near our house in Mesquite.

Actually, maybe I should clarify a couple of points so you don’t get the wrong idea. I’m not personally involved in any of these activities ... it’s just Sam and mom because I’m a shlepper who uses a cane. Sam and mom went to the Arboretum, Sam and mom eat all the Klondike bars, and Sam and mom are the ones who walk around Belle’s Lake at least twice a day. At the moment they’re headed to the Dallas Zoo. And as long as I’m so busy clarifying things, I should also mention that Belle’s Lake isn’t really called Belle’s Lake. Mom named it after herself when she was here a year ago. I even designed a custom Belle’s Lake commemorative sweatshirt for her and shipped it to arrive in California the day after she gets home next week. (It’s a surprise because I love her. Don’t say anything.)
I ordered myself a pair of cute new shoes yesterday from Zappos.com ... black leather flats by Soft Spots. If you’ve never shopped with Zappos, you’re missing an amazing experience. They sell every conceivable shoe on the planet in every imaginable size, which is a VERY big hoo-hah to someone like me who wears a size 12. Even better, Zappos also has NO SALES TAX and FREE SHIPPING, even for returns! And for no apparent reason they even upgraded my shipping method from ground to OVERNIGHT ... also for free. Zappos does damn near everything except come over to your house and wait for the delivery truck.
And finally, I want to post this photo of Sam’s Aunt Adie, his cousin Darrell and the twins ... Hailey and Ryan. Adie was in Ontario for a visit and emailed this photo when she got home a few days ago. They’re shown here posing on a log at the Niagara Escarpment. An “escarpment,” contrary to popular opinion, is a long, steep slope, especially at the edge of a plateau or separating areas of land at different heights. It is NOT a shopping mall or a multi-screen cinema.
Thank y’all for reading this. Seriously.

No comments: