Saturday, October 2, 2010

I've got a headache.

And I’ve had it all day and it won’t go away, even after medicine, two naps and a really nice dinner that Sam picked up from Boston Market. Turkey and stuffing should make a person feel better, but it’s definitely not working today. I'm thinking cereal might help. I like cereal.

This might be a good time to mention the BEEP. We’ve got an alarm system in our house, and a mysterious backup battery has been beeping every 10 seconds since Thursday afternoon. After three calls to tech support and trying every remedy except a battering ram, Sam is optimistic about relief within the next 30 minutes. I just hope he doesn’t scuff the wallpaper when he starts swinging that ax.

And finally, before I take a hot shower in a last-ditch effort to unload my headache, I’ll try to inject a little Howdygram humor with this photo of the European Beard Championship prize winners in the category of “chin-beard and mutton-chops imperial.” From left to right, here are Franz Mitterhauser of Austria, Juergen Burkhard of Germany and Herve Diebolt of France.
 Thank you for reading this.

1 comment:

Jane Kaylor said...

I am one of those people prone to headaches, migraine and colds. Usually, my first recourse is White Flower Embrocation (embrocation.50webs.com), also called White Flower Oil.