Saturday, November 3, 2012

Emotional groceries and the GOP has a “movement”.

It finally happened people. This morning at 8:30 Sam and I pulled into a parking spot in front of our new Trader Joe’s in Plano! HOLY CRAP! I hadn’t seen or set foot in a Trader Joe’s since we left California in 2o07, so this was a stirring and emotional moment for me. In case you’re interested, the store was completely empty at that hour because the snooty citizens of Plano don’t get up before 10 on weekends.
Concerning our grocery haul ... we loaded our cart with the following pile of thrilling old favorites:
  • cashews
  • dried apricots
  • a tasty little container of egg white salad
  • frozen veggie burgers
  • chicken taquitos
  • Trader Joe’s potato salad
  • bagels and lox
  • mostly tasteless high-fiber wheat bread
  • hummos
  • California rolls with the hottest wasabi in North America
  • stuffed bell peppers
  • a hunk of havarti cheese
I wanted to buy more but my knees gave out, so I limped back to the car while Sam took charge of the checkout routine. Our plans for the remainder of the day include eating everything in sight. I’ve already consumed the California rolls and egg white salad; my next victim will be havarti while watching George Sanders in The Falcon’s Brother (1942). In the event you’re into movie star crapola, the brother is played by Tom Conway who, coincidentally, was George Sanders’ ACTUAL BROTHER.
And finally, no pre-election Howdygram post would be complete without one more sarcastic shot at GOP jellyfish Mitt Romney, who coined a new phrase today while campaigning in Ohio.
Thank you for putting up with me. I think I need some food now.

No comments: