Sunday, November 11, 2012

Howdygram headquarters is located slightly to the left of the “S” in Shreveport.

It’s Sunday, November 11, Barack Obama is still president of the United States, and I’m so damn happy my face hurts. To celebrate I made a large quantity of matzo ball soup for dinner last night that elicited an audible squeal from Sam when I lifted the lid off the pot. For dessert he had a blueberry muffin with an ice cream cone chaser. I just wanted more soup.

In addition to eating things we also squeezed in a pair of classic swashbucklers: Captain Blood (1936) starring Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland and Mutiny on the Bounty (1935) starring Clark Gable and Charles Laughton. I fell asleep during the first film, Sam during the second. I think somebody shpritzed our sofa with sedatives.
Winter storm “Brutus” is approaching Howdygram headquarters as I write this post. Brutus has been dumping blizzards and Arctic cold all over the upper plains but isn’t expected to deliver much more than a thunderstorm in north Texas and no big freeze whatsoever. The current ETA is approximately 6 a.m. but I wouldn’t be surprised if Sam and I sleep through it. Lately we sleep through everything.
Just in case you’re interested ... on the map above, Howdygram headquarters is located slightly to the left of the “S” in Shreveport and probably straddles the line between yellow and red. I’ll let you know later today if we get yellow weather or red weather.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: