Thursday, February 25, 2010

Quick and easy Un-Fried Fries to the rescue.

Sam and I are losing weight. Since I’ve got way more to lose than he does I’m staying away from most restaurants and fast food, which means I get cravings for a lot of things I’ve been eliminating from my diet ... and right now French fries top the list. So here’s a terrific recipe for replacement fries that Sam loves as much as I do:


  • 2 lbs. russet potatoes

  • Lawry’s Seasoned Salt

  • Pam canola oil cooking spray


  • Preheat your oven to 425°. Spray a large nonstick cookie sheet with Pam. Slice the potatoes into rounds about ¼-inch thick. Line them up on the cookie sheet in a nice single layer, spray the potatoes with Pam and sprinkle with Lawry’s salt. Bake for 20 minutes.
    We usually enjoy these with ketchup or barbecue sauce, but I’m thinking there are other possibilities, too. For instance, I might turn these into Marcy’s Fabulous Chili-Cheese Un-Fried Fries with some nonfat Hormel turkey chili and a little clump of shredded cheese! If you can dream up other variations please leave a comment for our Howdygram readers. Gracias to everybody and I’m going back to bed now.

    No comments: