Saturday, April 17, 2010

Springtime in Texas.

I’m up early today for no apparent reason. The sky is dark and overcast, I don’t have anywhere to go, I’m not particularly hungry right now and Sam is still in bed and asleep. I’d love to tell you I’m sitting at my desk listening to the spring rain against my window, but I’ve been too hard of hearing for that kind of thing for at least ten years. The only reason I know it’s raining is because I looked outside.

To celebrate the season I’ve decided to splurge on a new quilt set for the master bedroom because our gigantic winter-weight comforter has been getting on my nerves. Overstock.com (my #1 favorite place to shop) has so many fantastic quilts that it’s almost impossible to make a decision, but here’s the set I finally ordered this morning:
Is this great, or what? It’s a king-size quilt with two king pillow shams for 60% off retail, and I also ordered a set of ivory king-size wrinkle-free sateen stripe sheets on sale for only $39.99. Personally, I think bedding is the best reason to shop on Overstock.com. The prices, especially for high thread-count sheets, are INCREDIBLE, plus there’s NO SALES TAX and shipping is just $1 for any size order. Seriously ... even if you buy a sofa, a barbecue grill, a set of pots and pans and ten bowling balls, shipping is still a buck!

In other shopping news, here are three new products I tried this week from Schwan’s:
I’m always on the market for nice snacky things for Sam, but nothing here is exciting enough to write home about, to tell you the truth. The Buffalo chicken egg rolls are okay but definitely not spicy enough, the cheesesteak pouches are stuffed with underseasoned and generally unrecognizable goo, and those fetal chicken tacos are so small you can eat them without chewing. No kidding, they’re maybe an inch long. Who the hell needs MINIATURE FOOD?

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: