Thursday, April 22, 2010

Waiting for UPS.

I’ve always liked Thursdays, but today promises to be better than most. I’m expecting a ton of UPS deliveries this afternoon, probably within the next hour or so, and I’m so excited I might actually sit in the living room and stare out the window to watch for the truck! Today’s haul will include our new SUMMER QUILT SET and a set of KING-SIZE BED LINENS from Overstock.com, three big BEDDING STORAGE BAGS from Wal-Mart, eight cartons of CLIF BARS from Healthy-Stand.com and a new ivory eyelet ELASTIC BED RUFFLE from BedBathStore.com (details follow). This is so cool I might hyperventilate!

About this incredible new bed ruffle ... it’s only $24.99 and you don’t have to lift your mattress, it just slides over the top like a gigantic skirt with an elastic waist! I’m not even planning to remove the ruffle that’s currently on my bed (for which Sam will be eternally grateful); the new one will sit on top of it. Our bed weighs ten tons, and moving the mattress requires the strength of Godzilla and a few of his best friends. Just mention the words “dust ruffle” in my house and poor Sam has a sour face for three days. (I suspect this has something to do with an experience involving his ex-wife, so I just keep my mouth shut.)
Incidentally, the Howdygram would like to wish all of you a very happy Earth Day. I vote we do something wonderful for our planet and ship the Palin family to Mars. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: