Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I'm having a really swell Wednesday. Seriously.

Let me tell you why this is turning out to be the best Wednesday I can remember for a long, long time. First, while Sam is sitting here in the study this morning slugging down his daily pot of coffee he decides to call up Wells Fargo (the bank that holds our mortgage) to inquire about refinancing our house. Half an hour later the deal is done and we’re saving a million dollars a month. Okay, maybe not a million. But it’s really good. I get so excited I send Sam to Wal-Mart for oven cleaner, paper towels and cheese.

And then a few minutes later I’m reading the news on msnbc.com and there’s yet another story about America’s most persistent fame whore, Levi Johnston. Further to my August 4 post about his second canceled engagement to Bristol Palin, now we learn the whole thing was a hoax so he could sell the story to Us Magazine for $100,000 and grab a few headlines for a potential reality show called “Loving Levi: The Road to the Mayor’s Office.” Apparently this 20-year-old unemployed high school dropout intends to run for mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, the same job that launched his ex-fiancĂ©e’s mother, bimbo extraordinaire and mental giant Sarah Palin, who spent six years trying to land a four-year degree from a third-rate college in Idaho. Levi’s qualifications, however, include playing hockey, getting everybody pregnant and posing nude for Playgirl Magazine. Maybe I’m crazy, but he sure sounds like mayor material to ME.

There’s also one more swell thing about today ... I unloaded the client from hell who wanted me to create a website for his local contracting business. This dude has all the charm of a pit bull and was tying me in knots even before we started his project. After freelancing as a graphic artist and web designer for 23 years, this is only the THIRD TIME I’ve been motivated to dump a client. The relief is so amazing I think I’ll go reheat some Chinese food and celebrate with a fork. Pass the soy sauce.

No comments: