Sunday, September 19, 2010

And the good news is ...

I’m pleased to report that I’ve made solid progress since my oral surgery on Thursday and have no pain or discomfort at all. However, when I attempted to eat store-bought tuna salad for dinner I had to pick out all the little bits of celery because I still can’t chew anything harder than white bread. I’m actually thinking it might be a brilliant marketing idea to invent a line of baby food for adults, like pureed crab cakes or a meat loaf smoothie. Another surgery-related issue has been the need to lie down a lot more than usual ... mostly in front of the TV. Last night I was glued to a gritty “Lockup” marathon on MSNBC that probably gave me more time behind bars than most drug dealers usually get.
Today I watched “Gigi,” a four-part poker tournament, the Bears/Cowboys game and six consecutive episodes of “Cops.” In about 15 minutes it’s time for “Dial M for Murder” with Ray Milland, Grace Kelly and Robert Cummings. Plus I’m recording this week’s episode of “Mad Men” to watch after the movie. (I really LOVE “Mad Men.”)

Incidentally, tomorrow morning Sam and I are finishing up the refi on our house. A representative from the title company is coming over at 10 a.m. and we’ll do the whole hoo-hah in our dining room. This is very exciting and I’ll probably wear lipstick. Maybe I should record “People’s Court” in case we’re not done in time. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: