Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Don't be mad at me.

It’s been one of those weeks. I started to write a post at least half a dozen times but wound up getting sidetracked by a variety of urgent tasks and responsibilities, such as unloading the dishwasher, redesigning a client’s website, taking a nap, enjoying the daily parade of morons on “People’s Court” and folding underwear. Finally, tonight, I think I’ve managed to set aside enough time to finish a whole post. Like I said, don’t be mad at me.

Incidentally, this has been a really big month for rain around here. We’ve had 8¼" ... four times more than our average rainfall for September. However, I’m pretty sure you don’t care about this.

I saw a news item on MSNBC.com that Octomom Nadya Suleman recently held a garage sale to raise money to pay her mortgage. She attempted to sell used nursing bras, used bikinis and photos of herself with her litter of eight ... but the event was basically a failure because only 130 people showed up to shop. Suleman owes a $450,000 balloon payment at the beginning of October or she’ll be evicted and wind up on welfare. Frankly, I’d be really surprised if there’s enough used underwear in the entire state of California to raise that kind of cash.
Maybe if this bozo would cancel her gym membership and cut back on silicone lip injections she’d have a little extra money for non-essentials like food and housing. I’m just saying.

Speaking of food, I’d like to share a couple of new products that Schwan’s delivered earlier today:
I already tried a Turkey Pot Pie for lunch and it was pretty good, with very impressive flaky crust from the microwave, although I definitely prefer the enormous fresh pot pies you can buy from Costco. And if I ever get motivated my own HOMEMADE pies are way better than anything I can buy fresh or frozen, but since this involves a truckload of ingredients and half a day of labor, Schwan’s and Costco are the smarter alternative. I’ll try my new Seasoned Potato Curls tomorrow.

Sam just called. He’s working late tonight ... VERY late ... so I think I’ll gnaw on some grapes and watch “Top Chef Just Desserts,” which I recorded a little while ago. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: