Monday, September 6, 2010

So here's what's happening today.

First of all, happy Labor Day. You have my permission to spend the entire day doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, which includes not making the bed, not mowing the lawn and not brushing your teeth. You also have my permission not to watch the MDA Jerry Lewis telethon. Just view this video clip instead. (Trust me, it will be more than enough. Especially when his false teeth start to slip.)


The weather here is certifiably GORGEOUS right now. After five solid months of humid heat in the triple digits we’ve finally had cooler, drier temperatures in the 80s for the last few days ... and as an added bonus there’s even a TROPICAL STORM heading our way. “Hermine” is moving straight up the Gulf of Mexico and should cover most of Texas with wind, rain and thunderstorms for two days starting Wednesday. This is a big hoo-hah for the Dallas area because we’re 300 miles from the Gulf as the crow flies. Maybe a little more if you’re a seagull. I’m just saying.

Sam and I are going for a drive this morning as soon as I get dressed and stop horsing around with this post. Our destination is the Bishops Arts District in Dallas, a quirky little neighborhood southwest of downtown with upscale restaurants, galleries and notoriously crappy parking. It’s my plan to stop at the Greek Cafe & Bakery for some whatnots-to-go and then scope out the location of Hattie’s a few blocks away. Sam and I have a reservation at Hattie’s for our wedding anniversary next week. The specialty of the house is southern cuisine, like fried green tomatoes and shrimp with grits. I don’t know if Sam has ever tried food like this before because he typically only eats Clif bars, burritos and raisins. Dinner should be interesting. Thank you for reading this, and I mean it sincerely.

No comments: