Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Delirium, debt and marinara sauce.

I apologize for not writing a post on Sunday or Monday. Frankly, I had kind of a lost weekend and it took a couple of days to get back into the swing of things around here. My high fever came back on Saturday night and I wound up like an amorphous mass on the couch all weekend, ate practically nothing for two days and then decided to stop taking my new diabetes medication (Onglyza) because it was probably the trigger for all this. Unfortunately, lack of food and the choice to discontinue one of my meds definitely did NOT help my blood sugar, which is now ricocheting all over the map and I have an appointment to see my doctor Thursday morning. Stay tuned.

Other than that, everything here is really good with two exceptions: 1) the debt ceiling stalemate going on in Washington; and 2) I can’t believe I have to wait five more days for the next episode of “The Real Housewives of New Jersey.”
On last week’s show Melissa and Joe had to kick out a pair of moron guests from their Christmas party. Truth is, if they kicked out ALL their moron guests they could have saved money on liquor because there wouldn’t be anybody left.

For those of you who aren’t fans, “The Real Housewives of New Jersey” is the trashiest show on television and my #1 favorite guilty pleasure. These women cook dinner in sequined hoochie-mama dresses and they’re all married to a bunch of barely-literate mafia wannabes with hair-trigger tempers who hurl tables and beat up their in-laws at banquet halls. This is truly television at its finest. Promise me you’ll tune in sometime.

I also highly recommend “Hardcore Pawn.”

And now I think I’d better eat something before I pass out. All of a sudden I have a taste for Italian. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: