Monday, July 18, 2011

Fear of frying.

I realize that most of the nation is suffocating in extreme heat right now, but in case anybody’s interested in Texas last night at 11 p.m. the temperature outside had finally cooled down to 94°. The heat has been so oppressive here it’s like standing behind a city bus. For the next 10 days our afternoon high will bounce between 101° and 105° — with a heat index closer to 115° — and no rain in sight until at least the week after Thanksgiving. Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating about Thanksgiving, but we haven’t had a drop here since June 20 and I’M REALLY AGGRAVATED.

Thank you for letting me vent.

In other news, even though every news website, newspaper, magazine, reporter and tabloid photographer in the United States is trying to find out, I don’t give a shred of crap where Casey Anthony is hiding. I just hope wherever she is, she STAYS there, because we all know she’s NOT running for Mother of the Year and probably won’t be partying in karaoke bars any time soon. I read yesterday that a nutjob woman in Oklahoma rammed her SUV into a car and caused it to flip three times because she thought the driver was Casey Anthony. Although I definitely think this particular tactic was a little over the top, it expresses the general public’s opinion quite nicely.

I’m waiting to hear from my doctor as I write this post. She changed the dosage of my two diabetes meds last month so I called her voice mail this morning to let her know that my blood sugar has been going up. Normally it tests between 95 and 107 before breakfast; now it’s up to 150. This isn’t SCARY high, but it’s definitely high. I’m thinking she might want to adjust the doses again and postpone next Monday’s office visit for a couple of weeks to see what happens. Stay tuned.

I think it’s time to eat something. Send an email if you have any suggestions. I’ve got leftover Chinese, a brick of Velveeta, a bowl of tuna salad, milk, baby carrots and half a jar of Smucker’s sugar-free apricot jelly. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: