Monday, January 18, 2010

A Monday retrospective.

So I’m doing a mountain of laundry in the next room and thought it might be useful to kill a couple of birds with the same rock and write today’s post while I have a little spare time. Mostly I’ve been musing about the Dallas Cowboys’ 34–3 loss yesterday against the Vikings. Apparently near the end of the game whiny Cowboys linebacker Keith Brooking yelled at Vikings coach Brad Childress that his team exhibited a “lack of class” by running up the score unnecessarily. You know what? He’s an embarrassment. I find this crap absolutely appalling, considering it comes from another overrated, immature and seriously overpaid NFL player. This isn’t middle school, pal. If you don’t like the score, you’re cordially invited to SHUT UP, PLAY BETTER FOOTBALL AND WIN THE GAME. The Cowboys could have stopped fumbling, intercepted some passes or run for a few touchdowns. End of story!

In other news ... the Howdygram would like extend our best wishes for a very happy Martin Luther King’s Birthday. I don’t know if y’all intend to celebrate or not, but I’ll do my part for race relations by heating up some mozzarella sticks in the oven and watching a couple of Sydney Poitier movies on TCM. We shall overcome. Thank you.

No comments: