Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Planning ahead for bogus weather.

I think there’s some winter weather headed our way. It’s hard to tell for sure. According to Weather.com we’re expecting light rain tonight and most of the day tomorrow, heavy rain and possible thunderstorms tomorrow night, a cold front overnight Thursday into Friday morning that could turn everything into a quarter inch (or more) of ice ... and then a chance of light snow on top of the ice if you live north if Interstate 20. Counties closer to the Oklahoma border could get slammed.

So what exactly does this mean for the Dallas metro area? Nobody knows. Nobody EVER knows. I spent half an hour reading four different warning messages on Weather.com and all I actually got from them were meaningless words like “chance,” “possible” and “could.” For all I know we might end up with 65° and sunshine. The bottom line is, weather reports (bogus or otherwise) don’t really matter to me at all because I never actually go anywhere. Life is perfect if I’ve got Sam, pudding and Turner Classic Movies. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: