Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fantastic low-carb crap and a fancy new throne for Howdygrammin’.

I don’t know how Weather.com stays in business. Yesterday their lying sacks of poo team of meteorologists forecast up to two inches of rain from Hurricane Isaac for the Dallas area but today we’re no longer expecting any rain whatsoever, not counting a 20% chance of meaningless moisture from 3 to 5 a.m. tomorrow morning. We’ve got clouds and wind instead, enough to kick up some dust and make the tumbleweeds dance through the center of town. (I might be kidding about the dust and tumbleweeds. Our streets are paved and the current wind speed is about 25 m.p.h.)

To cheer myself up I placed an order a little while ago with Netrition.com for a bunch of fantastic low-carb crap, including two bags of Bob’s Red Mill whole grain bread mix (works in my bread machine), a couple of sugar-free snack cake mixes that get excellent reviews and several cans of Wilderness sugar-free apple and cherry pie filling that I can eat right out of the damn can! (Silverware recommended.)
There was another major purchase around here today, too, after Sam and I agreed it was time to buy me a fancy new throne for Howdygrammin’. My former chair, which we bought when we moved to Texas in 2007, is a ritzy mesh thing by Herman Miller that stopped being comfortable more than a year ago. So ... I did some research, found a swell sale online and ordered the chair that’s pictured below:
I’m so damn excited I think I’ll make a pot of soup and watch a few of those Warren William movies I’ve been recording all day. In the photo below Warren poses with Claudette Colbert in a scene from 1934’s Cleopatra, which is even worse than it looks here. In one scene when Cleo is tied up and taken prisoner in the desert, she says to the dude who finally releases her: “I don’t know what you’re complaining about, I haven’t even had breakfast yet.” This is a genuine Cecil B. DeMille monstrosity that you have to see for yourself and it starts at 8:45 tonight on TCM.
Thank you for reading this. Pass the popcorn.

No comments: