Friday, August 31, 2012

You can’t bake bread without a thermometer. This is called science.

Because there’s nothing a graphic designer would rather do than horse around with Adobe software, I just spent the better part of two hours redesigning the Howdygram’s banner, tagline, sidebar title graphics and a few other whatnots that probably won’t make a difference to anybody but me. The most obvious change, I suppose, is smilin’ Sam’s face in the middle of the Howdygram’s logo. I honestly can’t think of anybody who's more deserving. Plus he’s exceptionally cute. Thank you.

And while I’m discussing Sam, I ordered some rye bread mixes (his favorite) from Amazon.com this afternoon plus a nice new kitchen thermometer because the readout on the thermometer I bought last year is paralyzed at 140° for no apparent reason whatsoever. (You can’t bake bread without a thermometer. The water you use has to be a certain temperature for the yeast to rise. This is called science.)
For the record, Amazon’s prices today were even more fantastic than usual. I bought a six-pack of Hodgson Mill caraway rye bread mixes for $12.88 with free shipping. That’s about $2.14 per box. The same six-box package on Wal-Mart’s website is selling for $22.74, or $3.79 per box. Holy crap.

My plans for the remainder of Friday evening until Sam gets home from work will include: 1) making a pot of Bear Creek hot & sour soup; 2) eating the soup mentioned in item one; 3) watching a Warren William movie recorded yesterday on TCM; and 4) I can’t think of anything else.

I love my life. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: