Sunday, August 5, 2012

Introducing the Howdygram’s stimulus package.

The Howdygram has an immediate solution for our sagging economy. If the U.S. government wants to stimulate spending they should just give everybody a free membership to Costco! Even Sam, who’s not a “spender” or a “foodie” to the slightest degree whatsoever, will load a cart with industrial-size containers of incomprehensible crapola even if he’s not hungry. In my case, I practically need a Valium before I go. That’s how much fun it is at Costco! Thank God we only do this every three or four months. This morning we snagged all of the following essentials:
  • three pounds of tortellini pasta salad
  • a million jumbo cashews
  • fresh stuffed bell peppers (tonight’s dinner)
  • two gigantic bottles of KC Masterpiece barbecue sauce
  • three gigantic bottles of Classico pasta sauce
  • Kirkland kitchen trash bags
  • a quart-size jar of fresh salsa
  • frozen Angus beef hamburgers
  • frozen Foster Farms chicken patty things
  • frozen beef & bean burritos
  • a package of 16 steak & cheese flautas
  • three pounds of rotisserie chicken salad
  • two pounds of pepper-jack cheese
  • a partridge in a pear tree (I might be kidding about this one)
In an effort to be frugal I almost bought four half-pound cans of albacore tuna but changed my mind at the last minute.

For your possible interest the map below indicates: A) Howdygram headquarters in Mesquite; and B) Costco on Route 205 in Rockwall.
Our Costco is only three years old with a ton of handicapped parking and lots of little electric shopping carts, as pictured below. My cart was so super-charged this morning I did wheelies in frozen foods until Sam asked me to calm down because I was scaring people.
I’d better get dinner started so we can watch the Olympics recap and eat things at the same time. Tonight’s events include: 1) track & field; 2) apparatus finals in women’s gymnastics; 3) springboard diving (wake me when it’s over); and 4) lesbian women’s beach volleyball, where Misty May-Treanor and Kerry Walsh Jennings continue to pretend they’re doing something relevant. Frankly, you’d think two middle-aged women would have found something better to do with their lives by now. I’m just saying.
Thank you for reading this.

No comments: