Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cruel and unusual punishment.

Sam is at the office today, on Sunday. I woke up at 10:45 after a crappy night’s sleep and he was already gone, apparently forgetting to leave a Post-It on my computer monitor so I’d know where he went. When I called his cell he said he’d be bringing home a surprise for dinner ... OUR FAVORITE HOUSE SPECIAL PIZZA from i Fratelli in downtown Dallas. To wrap my head around this unexpected joy I immediately Googled “i Fratelli” and wish to share the following formal portrait for your possible interest:

Unfortunately, expecting me to wait SIX HOURS for this would constitute cruel and unusual punishment in any court of law on earth, even in whacked-out North Korea. What the devil am I supposed to do in the meantime, eat GRILLED CHEESE or HARD BOILED EGGS or LEFTOVER CHICKEN CHOW MEIN? Actually, after some calm reflection all of these are sounding pretty good in the interim so maybe I’ll just mosey into the kitchen and eat things. Thank you for reading this. Seriously.

No comments: