Sunday, February 6, 2011

Things that make me happy on Sunday.

I’m having a very good day. First, this morning I landed a new client who wants me to design three print ads for her business. I celebrated with a bowl of Cream of Wheat.

Second, we’re apparently having a brief respite from winter weather. It was already 50° by 10 a.m., which means all of our ice and snow have melted into oblivion and I’ll be able to order Chinese food this afternoon and not worry about the delivery driver breaking his neck. However, snow is supposed to start falling again around 7 tonight ... just in time to screw up the roads for 100,000 fans heading home from the Super Bowl. Yee-ha.

Third, I just ordered a pile of new DVDs from Amazon.com. Titles include a collection of five early 1930s musicals with Maurice Chevalier and Jeanette MacDonald and a whole pile of movies with Errol Flynn ... Captain Blood, The Adventures of Robin Hood, The Sea Hawk, The Adventures of Don Juan and Operation Burma. This is an excellent haul and I can’t wait to add these classics to our DVD library, which now fills several shelves guarded by a Robert Osborne limited-edition bobblehead.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: