Saturday, April 13, 2013

Deep thoughts from another Texas neanderthal: “If babies had guns, they wouldn’t be aborted.”

Sam and I enjoyed a fun and productive outing this morning: A JUNKET TO COSTCO! I hadn’t been out of the house for more than three weeks (seriously) so I was mighty excited about this. I rode around in a power cart while we loaded up on all of the following essentials:
  • Two dozen peeled hard-boiled eggs
  • A hell of a lot of cheese
  • Sliced roast beef for sandwiches
  • California rolls
  • Kitchen can trash bags
  • KC Masterpiece barbecue sauce
  • Breakfast burritos
  • A huge box of fully-cooked angus hamburger patties
  • Beef jerky
  • Pistachios
  • A bunch of fresh fruit
For the record, peeled hard-boiled eggs are the most decadent product EVER because you can make a gigantic bowl of egg salad without cracking a single shell, and the beef jerky we bought is for Sam because my dentures would break. A photo of our Costco in Rockwall, Texas, appears below for your possible interest.
Hey everybody, it’s another proud moment for the Lone Star State! This time GOP Congressman Steve Stockman is responsible for our latest public humiliation with his outrageous campaign bumper sticker: “If Babies Had Guns, They Wouldn’t Be Aborted.” Behold the face of a certifiable idiot.
What does this frightening neanderthal plan to do, insert teeny in-utero pistols during forced sonograms — which are now required in Texas if a woman wants an abortion — to enable an angry clump of cells to kill their mother? Holy crap. I can’t even wrap my head around this.

I need some happy thoughts here. Let’s talk FOOD. Tonight’s dinner will satisfy a couple of long-standing food cravings, which include grilled cheese on low-carb bread with a bowl of dill pickles and a lot of homemade cole slaw. Since I have to make my low-carb bread from scratch in the bread machine I’ll amuse myself in the meantime with a couple of Slim Jims and a Tyrone Power movie. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: