Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I hate diabetic neuropathy. Please don’t make me discuss it right now.

I’ve been awake practically all night, not counting a brief effort at 3:45 this morning that didn’t turn out very well. By the time Sam got home from work at 5 a.m. — that’s not a typo! — I was ready to get out of bed and do something completely different for a while. In case you’re wondering what the hell’s going on, it’s diabetic neuropathy again.

I hate diabetic neuropathy. Please don’t make me discuss it right now.

As long as I’m whining I might as well add that I had CHEST PAINS last night after eating dinner at twice the speed of sound. I decided to skip my original craving for pickles and Slim Jims (see previous post), choosing instead to gorge myself on a two-pound bag of Schwan’s California Blend vegetables consumed at breakneck speed because by then (well past 10 p.m.) I was starving to death. I enhanced the aforementioned truckload of vegetables with my favorite accompaniments: 1) too much I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter spray; and 2) Lawry’s seasoned salt. Then I ate a baloney sandwich.
It’s nearly 8 a.m. but you’d never know it. The sky is pitch black and there’s a lot of heavy rain rolling through here with a cold front, and another huge wave of rain and thunder will arrive by mid-morning. This is a VERY BIG DEAL because Texas has been in a drought situation for the last two years and I don’t ever want to run out of water for washing clothes, flushing the toilet or Five-Minute Stupid Soup.

I’d better stretch out in the family room for a while. If I don’t get some sleep my blood sugar will be a mess today. It’s always something, isn’t it?

2 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

Sorry to hear that you've been hurting.

It's such a catch-22, isn't it? The DPN makes it hard to sleep, which makes the BG hard to manage, which makes the DPN worse.

Marcy Marks said...

One thing I’m definitely thankful for is that my DPN symptoms come and go. Last night I slept like a rock, my BG was 78 when I woke up this morning and I had a busy and productive day. Hope all is well with you!