Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Having a lousy evening? Stubby Kaye to the rescue!

I don’t think I need to say too much about why Kim Jong Un is the Howdygram’s latest Putz of the Week. Hell, this volatile little clown should actually be Putz of the YEAR, except I’m not feeling motivated enough to create a new graphic right now.
According to CNN.com, rhetoric from North Korea within the last hour warns “the moment of explosion is approaching fast.” Although I assume that Kim’s impoverished, hermit dictatorship may have something in its arsenal besides potatoes and snowballs, I’m inclined to believe that their escalating threats of thermo-nuclear war are just carefully-crafted horseshit designed to elicit food aid as soon as they back down.

Mazel tov, Kim. You’re a prize idiot. I also don’t like your hair and clothes.

And speaking of prize idiots, have you seen that video of disgraced Rutgers University basketball coach Mike Rice abusing his players? Rice was fired today, thank God. (No wonder everybody hates gym teachers.) Apparently the faculty is demanding termination for Rutgers’ president, Robert Barchi, who knew about Rice’s behavior months ago and simply suspended him for three games. The story unraveled when this video was shown on ESPN. Holy crap.


I’m having a generally lousy evening. I seem to be battling some kind of food poisoning, my head hurts from lack of sleep, my body temperature is way too low (95.4°) and I haven’t communicated yet with the client mentioned in my last post because I’m still too freaked out to deal with him. Worse yet, Sam won’t be home from work for at least five more hours and I miss him. A lot! I suppose the only solution is hot tea and Guys and Dolls (1955) starring Marlon Brando and Frank Sinatra and a bunch of terrific songs that get stuck in my head for weeks. As an example, here are Stubby Kaye and company singing “Sit Down You’re Rocking the Boat,” one of my favorites. And if you can stand a little personal trivia, the short dude in the dark blue suit and patterned tie to the left of Stubby Kaye is my mother’s cousin, Johnny Silver. No kidding!


Thank you for reading this. It’s movie time.

No comments: