Friday, April 5, 2013

Don’t miss the Cotton Bowl’s annual dog park and poop-a-thon.

Yo, and happy Friday! I wasn’t sure whether or not to write a Howdygram post tonight because I haven’t got very much to say. That’s never really stopped me before, though, so here I am. My first order of business will be a discussion of Beanit Butter cookies, which I made before Sam got home from work last night.

Beanit Butter is a peanut butter knockoff made from roasted soybeans. It has no carbs, no sugar, tons of fiber, protein and Omega 3 fatty acids, and it tastes so much like regular peanut butter you can eat it out of the jar with a soup spoon and never know the difference. Each cookie contains only one carb, and for diabetics like me they’re a MIRACLE. I’ll try to post the recipe over the weekend. In the meantime I’ll be glad to email it to you if you don’t think you can wait that long. (Click here.)

There’s lots of breaking news tonight in Texas! Our top stories include: 1) the Dallas Mavericks’ Dirk Nowitzki grew a beard; 2) the Texas legislature has proclaimed pecan pie as our Official State Pie; 3) the lowest gas prices in town are at the Valero station on Northwest Drive in Mesquite; 4) the Cotton Bowl will turn into the world’s largest dog park and pooch fair on Sunday featuring poop-a-thons, vendors, mutt adoptions and cheapo vaccines; and 5) the Keenan Cemetery in Farmers Branch is offering family-friendly guided tours and horse-drawn hearse rides for only $5 per person. Kids under six are free.
In case you’re interested, the map below indicates: A) Howdygram headquarters; and B) the Valero station on Northwest Drive.
I’ve got just about enough time to grab a shower and eat a couple of cookies before Sam gets home from work. Thank you for stopping by!

No comments: