Saturday, April 6, 2013

Soup and Melvyn Douglas movies start at 7 p.m. sharp.

Sam and I wanted to have a really nice relaxing weekend with Chinese food and old movies except he just left for work. And he’ll be there until 4 a.m. tomorrow! This sucks for a number of reasons, but mostly because I miss him when he’s not here.

I’m too old for this. I need companionship and somebody who can reach things on the top shelf of the pantry for me.

In case you thought I’d given up on new fonts because I hadn’t posted any since the beginning March, you’d definitely be wrong. And here they are!
You may recognize Manicuore as the Howdygram’s new logo font. To be honest, this was one of the thousands of fonts installed on my Mac before Marcy’s Font Disaster last December (see post) but I’d forgotten all about it I saw it on somebody else’s website a few days ago. The same is true for Big Ticy, Pupcat, Alexandra Script and Scrapgirl Dots. I’m so excited I might need Five-Minute Stupid Soup for dinner tonight!

Incidentally, tonight’s Stupid Soup will include a new ingredient I received yesterday in a shipment from Netrition.com. It’s called — don’t laugh — Chicken Not because it’s freeze-dried chunks of chicken-flavored textured soy protein that technically look like a sack of croutons. I also bought Beef Not, which is pretty much the same thing except it’s brown and looks like Alpo. For reasons that defy logic I actually can’t wait to try both of these products as soon as possible.
I should mention that Beef Not and Chicken Not are both really cheap. For instance, a one-pound sack of Chicken Not costs $4.79 and it’s equivalent to 3½ pounds of cooked chicken after it’s rehydrated. That’s a pretty good deal assuming this crapola actually is edible. A product review will be forthcoming.

Breaking news from the Howdygram Sports Desk! I love watching PGA golf on TV, and if you’re a fan like me you’ll be pleased to know that the 2013 Masters gets underway on April 11. The first two rounds (Thursday and Friday) will air at 3 p.m. Eastern on ESPN; CBS will broadcast the final two rounds on Saturday (from 3 p.m. Eastern) and Sunday (from 2 p.m. Eastern) with plenty of close-ups of Tiger Woods and assorted other less-important dudes with golf bags.
I think I’ll treat myself to a nice hot shower. My body temperature is seriously out of whack today and I’ve been practically hypothermic (95.4°) since I woke up from a nap around 2:45 this afternoon. After I warm up I’ll start throwing ingredients into a pot for Stupid Soup and watch a few of the Melvyn Douglas movies I recorded yesterday. These will include Prestige (1932) with Adolphe Menjou, Dangerous Corner (1935) with Virginia Bruce and Conrad Nagel, and Fast Company (1938) with Florence Rice.
If you want to come over for soup and movies please send an email as soon as possible so I can rinse out an extra bowl. Thank you.

No comments: