Monday, June 13, 2011

Naps, deadbeats, Red Skelton and indigestion.

Sunday turned out to be a real dud around here. I took a very long, very strange afternoon nap in the family room, waking around 4 with a numb left hand and mysterious indigestion because I really hadn’t eaten anything except toast at 11 a.m. After sitting around in misery for three and a half hours I finally gave up and drove to Walgreen’s at 7:30 for a gigantic bottle of Tums.

That was the highlight of my day except for writing to two clients who haven’t been paying me. I’m pleased to report that I’ve officially dumped BOTH of them.

In case you haven’t heard, the Dallas Mavericks won the NBA championship last night. I personally have zero interest in the Mavericks, but the rest of “Big D” thinks this is an EXTREMELY HUGE HOO-HAH and every bar and restaurant in the metropolitan area hosted a basketball event with liquor for lots of screaming screwballs with painted faces. Me, I watched Red Skelton in Merton of the Movies on TCM and emptied the dishwasher. Life can be very, very good.

I think I’ll go to bed now. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: