Friday, June 17, 2011

News from the Texas blast furnace.

According to the National Weather Service we’ve got a heat index of 110° in Dallas today, which apparently is a combination of the actual air temperature (102°) and 53% humidity. And there’s a red alert warning on Weather.com instructing everybody to: 1) drink water; 2) wear a hat; and 3) check on the elderly.

I have plenty of water here and more than one hat, but with Sam still out of town you might be interested in pursuing #3. I can be reached by email and wouldn’t mind a seedless watermelon, a nice hunk of Havarti cheese and an order of Mongolian Chicken, all of which can be shipped overnight via FedEx. Thank you in advance for your attention and generosity.
In anticipation of Sam’s homecoming Sunday evening I’ll be busy in the kitchen all day tomorrow preparing my World-Famous Potato Salad and Marcy’s Wild West Guacamole, although the latter depends on whether or not my avocados get ripe enough by then. I bought all my ingredients at Tom Thumb this morning along with a variety of other essentials, including excellent sesame seed flatbread crackers and port wine cheddar cheese spread, Mrs. Fields ice cream sandwiches, olives, jumbo eggs, whole cashews with sea salt, bananas and several bottles of Perrier.

Thanks so much for stopping by. This is your favorite elderly blogger in Texas, signing off.

No comments: