Thursday, June 9, 2011

Seriously, I think the world is insane.

A couple of things.

First, I wonder if anybody else saw the story yesterday on MSNBC.com about Ross and Sandra Titus, a childless couple in their late 40s who legally adopted a 29-year-old woman. Ross and Sandra met Jillian at work in 2008 and bonded over their dogs. So they ADOPTED her, and the state of Washington even altered Jillian’s birth certificate to show Ross and Sandra as her parents! I don’t know about you, but this is exceptionally stupid and I can’t understand why the three of them couldn’t just be pals and order a pizza or go sing karaoke together now and then.

I’ll put my own twist on this. I’m nearly 60 years old and childless, and I’d like to adopt a successful 40-year-old attorney to take care of Sam and me during our golden years. I’m willing to do your laundry and you can come have dinner with us on Passover and Thanksgiving. All interested applicants please click here.

Second, I’m still intrigued by the ongoing saga of nutjob Representative Anthony Weiner, who puts a whole new twist on the congressional phrase “distinguished member.” Apparently it wasn’t bad enough that he accidentally posted bulging underpants pictures of himself on Twitter and got caught in explicit online sexual relationships with a bunch of young women. Now it’s been revealed that Weiner also emailed graphic NUDE photos of himself, and one of them was ricocheting all over the Internet last night. Weiner’s poor wife, who’s pregnant, works as an assistant to Hillary Clinton and is reportedly wearing a bag on her head that bears the official seal of the State Department.

I enjoyed another little Internet shopping spree last night. Here’s a photo of the latest loot, which should be delivered sometime next week. Incoming packages will keep my spirits up while Sam is in California for eight days visiting his mom. He leaves on Saturday. A steady stream of shipments begins on Monday.
Before I forget, this would be a great time to enter the Howdygram’s current contest. Thanks a million for reading this!

No comments: